Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Unseen

I've always loved blending in.
Disappearing into the crowd.
Being just another face that doesn't get pointed out.

It's been difficult with a name like mine, and a face that mirrors that of my mother's. People like to comment on how strange a name such as mine is. How unique. How different.
They like to talk about the resemblance I bear to my mother. How we wear the same smile. How we could be sisters.

My family is an outgoing one. My dad has never met a stranger. My brother embraces everyone he sees with open arms and a warm smile. Even my mom has a kind and friendly disposition.

And then there is me.

I used to be so shy, so introverted. And then I caught up with the rest of my kin. I was loud, friendly, bright.
Too bad misfortune and betrayal have such a way of tainting bright hearts.

I have reverted. Not all the way, but some, back to the shy girl I was back in my youth.

Here, here it is easy to disappear. Thousands of faces cloud me as we float across the campus in a mass. I am unknown here. I have blended.
At long last, I am unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment