Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thank You & I'm Sorry

You dropped me a lifeline in treacherous waters.
I was drowning, and you showed up just in time.
 
My whole world was sinking in a sea of tears, my entire ship about to capsize, and somehow you stilled the water.
It was like an earthquake only I could feel, wracking, shaking, convulsing through my bones and shuddering into my chest until the air was beat from my lungs and the edges of vision were tinted black.
And there you were with an oxygen mask, and the tremors stopped.
 
I thought I knew exactly who you were to me, and now... I can't decide what I want.
I don't want gratitude to dictate feelings, but I don't want to ignore this knot in my stomach when you smile at me either.
 
So thank you, for saving me from the abyss, for pulling me from the ledge, for helping back onto solid ground.
And I'm sorry if things get muddled between now and that day on the horizon that keeps outrunning me when it seems to be within reach where I might finally know what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment