Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Permanantly Malleable

The way our idiosyncrasies and habits change and mold to fit the examples of those around us amazes me.
It seems that every soul we come in contact with leaves an imprint on our heart, weather we know it or not.

I do dishes the way my grandmother does, and my mom does them the way her grandmother did, which happen to be two different ways.
I've learned not to care what people think and to enjoy the moment from watching my fearless little brother and the way he interacts with the world.
I've learned how to speak up, and laugh, and interact with kids from watching my mother.
I've learned to be kind, hardworking, sensitive, and loyal from years of tagging along around my father.

My family (cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles alike) has shaped me into a young woman who adores her family more than anything else on earth.

My friends have taught me that I am never alone, no matter how isolated I feel and that laughter truly is the best medicine.

Today, I helped a girl with an 80,000 dollar car help a stray dog into her leather seats and out of the cold without so much as a second thought to the interior.  People like her help teach me that helping another living being is more important than the materialistic things we maintain in this life.

The people we live with, the people we love, the people we talk to, they all teach us something, weather it's how to do something or how to look at things.  Or even if they've taught us exactly what we don't want to become through bad behavior.  We are constantly touched and changed and molded by out surroundings and the inhabitants therein and we are continuously learning to be more or less of what makes us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment