Friday, January 1, 2016

The Year of Opportunity

Welcome to 2016.

The past year has been filled with highs and lows.  I honestly can't tell you how many times I felt like my heart would burst with happiness, or with sorrow.  Several points in the past year have made me realize that I give people way too many chances.  I never want to be hard-hearted or mean, but I do deserve a certain level of respect from my peers and I intend to receive that respect. 
 I lost sight of my worth in 2015.  I let my past drag me down.  So I'm going into this year with no real friends, but I'm fine with that.  I let go of all the dead weight from 2015, and I'm going into 2016 light as air.  I don't need anyone who doesn't need me, and I certainly won't settle for anything less than what I deserve.
My word for the new year is Opportunity.  I'm going to find them and take them as they come, and hopefully, open up a whole new world of possibilities for myself.  Who knows what this year will bring?  I don't.  But I have hope for the best, and I know regardless of the outcome, if I keep my eyes on Christ, I'll turn out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment