Sunday, January 17, 2016

No More Fire

My life has a tendency to fall apart.  I'm not great at keeping things together.  But every time it falls, I find some fire, some resolve to prove that the world can't keep me down.

This time though, the fire is gone.  Life has stamped out the embers until they were just ash on the ground.  I look for resolve in everything around me.  People.  Music.  Books.  Characters.  But nothing seems to stick.  I don't know where the fire went.  Or how to bring it back.

I used to be able to fight.  I was a warrior.  I was strong.
But the weight of the tears in my pillow is finally too much.  And it's all I can do not to freeze to death in this desolate wasteland.  No fire means no fight.  And without my fight, what am I really?  Just a girl with a broken heart and no one to help me back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment