My life has a tendency to fall apart. I'm not great at keeping things together. But every time it falls, I find some fire, some resolve to prove that the world can't keep me down.
This time though, the fire is gone. Life has stamped out the embers until they were just ash on the ground. I look for resolve in everything around me. People. Music. Books. Characters. But nothing seems to stick. I don't know where the fire went. Or how to bring it back.
I used to be able to fight. I was a warrior. I was strong.
But the weight of the tears in my pillow is finally too much. And it's all I can do not to freeze to death in this desolate wasteland. No fire means no fight. And without my fight, what am I really? Just a girl with a broken heart and no one to help me back up.
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Legend says that something supernatural and sinister lurks beneath the surface of the water calling sailors to their deaths. Talons and fang...
-
He was like Ferdinand, frightful on the eyes and easy on the heart. I didn't expect to feel so safe under his shadow. But his kind ...
-
Me and my Grandma are very close. We're tied at the hip. She knows me better than pretty much anyone in my life and I love her to the m...
No comments:
Post a Comment