How is it that the same people that once made you feel loved and special can make you feel inconsequential the very next day?
I strive and I fight and I try to reach out, to be a good friend. After everything I've been through, I'm still trying not to just shut everything out. And just when I'm proud of myself, just when I think I'm going to be okay, I get shut out by the only people I cared about.
It isn't fair. This happens to me over, and over, and over again. Why do people see me as someone that can be easily abandoned? Why am I the one who keeps getting screwed over? I haven't done anything wrong!
I though they understood. I thought it made sense to them that I was hurting. I thought they were giving me a little bit of slack because I have been hurt so many times. And then they turn around and do the same thing that broke me in the first place.
People wonder why I have no friends, and its because of people like this. People who keep using me and them brushing me off like I'm nothing more than a pesky mosquito.
How many times is a girl supposed to be broken?
How much am I supposed to be able to take?
How am I supposed to do this alone?
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Things in my life keep breaking me. A little at a time, the cracks deepen. I'm holding onto a shattered heart. People keep pulling on...
-
There are an infinite number of halves in any whole. They just keep going until the pieces are too small to see and the denominators are to...
-
Her heart was fragile, like a thin pane of glass. One wrong move would break it down. She was cautious with her glass heart, never falling...
No comments:
Post a Comment