Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Excuse and Forgive

Please excuse my inability to create full sentences around you. Please excuse my nervous giggles and awkward glances when you walk up. Please excuse that face that you suddenly make me nervous in a way I didn't know you would.
Please forgive me if I seem distant or unsure. It's merely a side effect of silently hoping you like me as much as I like you and not wanting to embarrass myself. Forgive the fact that I'm terrible at admitting my feelings.
Most of all forgive me if I'm reading too much into your kind words and actions. I'm just not used to someone making time for me that way. I'm not used to someone like you at all.
You're gentle and sweet and patient where I am a tornado of loud and abrasive and emotional.
Forgive me if I doubt that you could ever feel the same way about me, it's only because I never expected to want you like this.
But you make me want to be better than I am. You make me want to be something you would be proud of. You make me want to change for the better.
So please excuse my uncertainty and my awkwardness and my quirks. I just like you an awful lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment