Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Guy Like This

"He broke down her walls without her even noticing. And when he rebuilt the walls, he added windows to let in the sunshine."

This has instantly become one of my favorite quotations. Other the fact that it's beautifully written and something about it is just perfect, it makes me love this guy. He knew exactly what she needed. He broke down the walls but not in an intrusive way. In a gentle, patient way to where she didn't even realize it was happening. But he didn't leave them down, no he knew she needed to be protected. But he built them differently. He built them in a way that didn't close her in so much. The windows let in the sunshine but also make it easier for her to see out. That one detail can change her entire perspective and make her world brighter. The one thing that isn't written directly, the thing my imagination conjures up, is that when he was tearing down the walls, he was on the outside trying to get through to her. But when he built them again, Id like to think he stayed inside with her to keep her company.
That's the kind of guy im waiting for. The kind of guy that can see what I need and help me get there without pushing. A gentle, loving, patient guy that can help me change the way I see things. Someone who can let the light in when I want to shut it out. Someone who can break down these walls I've built through years of cynicism and bitterness, but not with a jackhammer. Someone who can pull them brick by brick and still want me when he finally sees me completely vulnerable and broken. I need this guy to exist because anything less wont make it into forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment