Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fighting for A New Reality

 
I am a hopeless romantic in the truest sense of the phrase.
I believe in happily ever after. I believe in true love. I believe in love at first sight.
 I believe in forever. And no matter how ridiculous it sounds, I believe in the Hollywood moments that spice up real life.
 I believe in chasing someone down at the airport to tell them you love them. I believe that a love once found is never truly lost. I believe in shutting a girl up with an insane kiss. I believe in those gut wrenchingly beautiful, romantic, passionate, heartfelt moments. I believe in saying I love you a thousand times over in a day. I believe in running to each other in the torrential down pouring rain.
You can call me crazy, or disillusioned, or delusional. You can call me whatever you want. But I believe that love like that can exist. It can be more than just Hollywood's idea of love and it can be a reality. It doesn't have to be a movie or a Nicholas Sparks book. It can be real.
What if guys fought for girls like Noah fought for Allie in The Notebook? What if a young couple fell deeply, madly, passionately in love in their teens like Gus and Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars? What if we consciously made an effort to live the way those characters do? What if we gave it all up for someone we loved and we didn't let them get away? What if we chased people down on the freeway with a dead love fern in the front of a motorcycle? (How to lose a guy in ten days *cough*) We wonder why some people are so fixated on having a romance like in a movie but why shouldn't we be? Should big grand gestures of love only exist on the big screen or pressed between the pages of a book? Why not shout it out at the top of your lungs? Why not kiss in the rain? Why not get all swept up in one another? Why not make it reality?
I believe it can be because I think it should be more than a script. It should be a commonality. It should be normal and typical and magical and completely real.
Love like that exists, we just have to have the courage to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment