Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Snippet of Forever

My love for you had a season. It was true and real and bold like nothing I've ever felt before, but like the summer must fade to fall, my love is dwindling, torn and scarred by lies and words and time. In its start, it was sweet and small and fragile, like the bud of a delicate flower. Fed by your promise, it blossomed into something magnificent and bright and hopeful. But as every flower fades,wilted by time and the elements, the petals of my love are beginning to fall and scatter on the floor. I fear, darling, that only a few petals cling to life and they too must fall. I don't regret what I felt for we fell into a brief but beautiful tragedy where the timing was imprecise and nothing matched up quite right. I think on the path to finding our forever, we fall into many short eternities that grow us and change us and mold us into the person we have to be when our forever comes. When we find our one and only we can pull from our past and live a love story that rivals all the fairy tales. For love is one of the things that gets sweeter every time we experience it. And you, my brief but beautiful snippet of experience, have changed me for my own forever and I hope I too have changed you for yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment