Sunday, July 20, 2014

Finding You

You're far away.
I can't count the distance in miles or hours or any measure known to man.
It will be years before I see your face again, but not before I see you.
I see you in pictures.
I see you in dreams.
I see you in memories that I replay over and over again in my head.
I see you a lot, but I find you more.
I find you in the sun rays peaking through the clouds.
I find you in the tall white birds that perch in the shallow water.
I find you in my mannerisms.
I find you in my heart.
I find you in the perfume that you used to wear.
I find your guidance in things we've long ago discussed.
I find you in the color of my bedroom wall.
I find you in sermons and stories and books.
I find you in so many books.
I find you in the things we used to share, and the things we used to do.
For when a person is near, you find them not at all.
It's when a person leaves, and your heart craves them that you find them everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment