I want someone to see me.
I want someone to know when I'm joking and when I'm being serious.
I want someone to see when I'm trying to be funny and when I'm silently crying out for help.
I want someone to recognize my genuine smile.
I want someone to hear me say "I'm fine" but hug me because they know im not.
I want someone to realize when I need cheering up.
When I'm falling apart.
When I need support.
I'm tired of the faces.
I'm tired of pretending.
I'm tired of everyone thinking things are perfect.
I want someone to see me.
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Nights like this break my heart. As the rain pours and thunder claps, my heart shatters in my chest. I see our memories and I miss them. ...
-
Things in my life keep breaking me. A little at a time, the cracks deepen. I'm holding onto a shattered heart. People keep pulling on...
-
Her heart was fragile, like a thin pane of glass. One wrong move would break it down. She was cautious with her glass heart, never falling...
No comments:
Post a Comment