Saturday, September 12, 2015

Landing

He was like Ferdinand, frightful on the eyes and easy on the heart.
I didn't expect to feel so safe under his shadow.
But his kind words and his gentle hands brought me out of my cocoon of doubt and showed me hope.
He wasn't too soft, he didn't treat me like I was breakable.
And in that way, he helped me realize I wasn't as fragile as I thought.
He messed with my mind, my life, my hair.
He had a little touch in every aspect of my life.
My nose burned with the scent of his cologne, but the smell was pleasant.
It smelt like home.
I realized I felt safe with him beside me, teasing me, making me smile.
He knew when to be harsh, and honest.
But he knew when to be kind and quiet and give my heavy heart a reprieve.
It was like in one moment, in the breath of a second, as midnight slid into morning, I had found a rhythm and a home.
I was tired from constant flight, never stopping, and in the moonlight he looked to be the perfect place to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment