Sunday, September 14, 2014

Views on Friendship

Friendship is not something to manipulate and guilt trip. Friendship should be genuine and honest from both parties at all times. I have had my fair share of failed friendships so I take friendship very seriously. And that tends to spark a fire in me when people I call my "friends" try to manipulate me.

Don't feign interest in my problems if you don't care. Don't pretend to care about me just to hear my issues so you have dinner conversation. I refuse to be guilt tripped into explaining my frustrations. If I say I need you and then change my mind, be respectful of the fact that at the moment I'm not prepared, for whatever reason, to talk it out. Don't you dare say "its on me" if I don't talk. Don't you dare say you "gave me the chance" to talk it out. If that's how you view friendship, then I say very kindly, screw you and screw your repugnant ideology. I don't need you in my life. I've done well all by myself. You are a luxury, not a necessity. Buzz off.

No comments:

Post a Comment