Monday, November 11, 2013

My Destiny

You can create worlds, lives, love, tragedy, family, hope, dreams, plots, you can create anything imaginable when you write. This is why I fell in love with the art of writing. The fact that one's words can move another to tears or to action is so powerful. I live for those moments where I read a quote and I feel like the author crawled inside my heart and wrote everything I'm feeling. I live for those moments when I read something that give me an instantaneous new outlook on life. I live for those moments when I read something and am suddenly comprehending something that never made sense before. But more than that, I live to write something that gives someone else one of those moments. To think that some mixture of words i could create could resonate with another soul in the way other's words resonate with me is overwhelming and astonishing and it's exactly what I want. I read that a writer doesn't merely want to write, but has to. And I do. In my heart and soul I have an insatiable need to write. My heart salivates at the thought of an empty spiral or sheet of paper. My mind wanders in the wee hours of the morning into places and lands that exist not on this plane. Writing is what I am meant to do. I know, in my soul, in the deepest darkest part of my heart, I KNOW I am meant to write. It's my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment