Sunday, July 26, 2020

Ghosts of Heartbreaks Past

He had blue eyes
and spoke in plot lines
and everything about us was soft.
He was looking for a story
like the world was one big movie.
Given the chance,
he could've been more to me.
But he left before we could start,
he broke my heart.

He had green eyes
and he wore bowties
and everything about us was fire.
He saw through my walls
like they were made of glass.
Given the chance,
I think we could last.
But time and space pulled us apart,
he still has my heart.

He had brown eyes
and only told lies
and everything between us was wrong.
He was looking for something stable 
like being with me was going to be his saving grace.
Given the chance, 
I think he could change.
But I'm so tired of the endless fight
he just wants one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment