Thursday, March 1, 2018

With Me

Drive through sleepy towns with me at 3 in the morning.
Blast music through the house we bought and dance with me in the living room.
Listen to me rave about the last book I read and rant with me about your coworkers.
Sit on the kitchen counter with me and drink endless cups of cocoa and coffee and tea.
Pose for pictures with me on every adventure.
Walk along the beach with me and soak in the sun and kick the waves.
Laugh with me uncontrollably and freely and unashamed.
Go to concerts with me and scream until we lose our voices.
Save our pennies and our dimes to see new cities with me.
Stare up at the stars from my truck bed with me.
Dance through the kitchen during sunrise hours with me while I burn the toast and spill the coffee.
Fight through the hard days with me.
Revel in the good days with me.
Tell me, tell me you're in love with me.
Fight with me and cry with me and stay.
For the love of all that is pure and good in this world, stay with me.
See the hope in me; see the future with me.
Build a life with me.
Believe in the impossible with me.
Live your best life with me.
Whatever you do, just stay with me. 
Because everyone else has left and I don't know if I would make it if you left me too.
Whatever you want, whatever you dream, just do it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment