Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Language Barrier

We have a language barrier, you and I.
I am all words.
All feelings.
All dictation.
I like to spell it out.
I like to tell you, on no uncertain terms, what I'm thinking.
I like to say it and say it over and over again.
I'm the longest novel you cold ever buy.
I'm a million pages full of words and affection that you can't misread.

You're all pictures.
You show, you don't tell.
You're artistic and creative and ambiguous.
One image can mean so many different things and you love that aspect of it.
You love what drives me crazy.
You see in color.
You're wordlessly moving.
You are your own form of art.
And for the life of me, I cannot decode your symbols.

We have a language barrier and I find my self wanting more and more to be bilingual for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment