Monday, October 12, 2015

Paths

I am caught, flitting between two roads with no foresight of where they will lead.
I know one is dangerous.  
Full of peril and heartache but undoubtedly full of feeling.
The other is safe, bright, hopeful. 
The moment I decide to slip into trouble, the light shows up.
It calls to me with reason and stability, never wavering an inch.
But the itch for excitement nags at me, tempting me to stray for a moment.
The mystery is alluring but the light is warm.
My mind turns in unending circles trying to decipher right from wrong as they swirl together.
I ask but no one has an answer.
Their words are as twisted as my feelings, going back and forth; reaching no real end.
I am stuck and I am lost.
I fear tumbling down some unwanted path due to dizziness.
And sick to my stomach with incessant turning, I begin to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment