Sunday, October 19, 2014

Are You Thinking Of Me?

The strong wind falls and scatters leaves across the ground.  The sun shines in my eyes and I think of you.  How you're always there, lingering, waiting, always in the back of my mind.
Sometimes you blow in like a breeze, a memory of happier times drifting into my day.
I'm falling asleep and your name crosses my mind, bringing a half smile to my drowsy lips and stirring the butterflies in my stomach.
Sleep is a sanctuary of darkness until your image, your voice, and your touch taint it, somehow making me nervous in my sleep.
Sun shines through the window, glaring into my eyes and heating the room.  Your name is on my lips, making my heart beat faster and my stomach drop to my feet.  Every inch of me is on high alert with your name in my mouth, making my fingers tap nervously and my knees bounce.
Driving down the road, I glance at the empty passenger seat beside me.  These worn seats have been home to so many except you.  I wonder what this old pick up would look like with you in it.
Music filters through my ear buds and somehow all the lyrics are about you.  It makes me want to know if you've ever heard the songs I'm listening to or if you'd care to.
Everything I do, everywhere I go, I think of you.  I wonder what you're doing, what you're thinking, praying you're thinking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment