Saturday, August 16, 2014

Caught Between Doubt and Hope

You are an enigma.
I don't know if I can trust you, and honestly, I don't know if I want to.
I do know, that in our time together I felt more strongly than I ever have before.
You stir a fascination in me, an infatuation that I'm embarrassed to admit to having.
I have never been so enamored with someone in my life.
I would have done anything you asked, I was yours.
And then you left.
Without a warning or a trace or a reason, you vanished and I was left shattered.
I have never had my heart broken so badly in my life.
Then all of the sudden, you just pop back into my life.
How am I supposed to trust you?
How am I supposed to give you another chance?
How am I supposed to give in to the one man that made me the cynic I am?
I am caught between what you did and who I hope you are now.
The past gives me doubt while hope feeds the idea that you've changed.
I hope you don't expect the same girl to fall for you again, because she's gone.
In her place, a young woman who has been handed trial after trial and become stronger because of it.
I tread lightly where you are concerned, but there is no denying the attraction in my soul.
As much as I try and deny it, my soul is inevitably pulled towards you.
You are a magnet of impossible proportions and my strength is wavering.
Ill not be able to stay away forever, so keep in mind how fragile I am when I fall for you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment