A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Monday, June 23, 2014
Summer Days
These summer days are good for the soul.
They lighten your hair and your heart and only your skin gets darker.
Saltwater is the elixir of life in these times.
Lazy is less of an offense and more of an ambition.
The days are hot and bright and long and waiting to be devoured in the nothingness of relaxation.
Responsibilities seem more like adventure in times like these.
Midnight is an acceptable hour to be prancing upon the beach, soaking in every ounce of saltwater available.
Friendships are seasoned and tested and praised and strengthened by the giddy joy of sun exposure.
These are the days of summer.
The days our souls continually long for.
And I thank God for giving me so many.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Things in my life keep breaking me. A little at a time, the cracks deepen. I'm holding onto a shattered heart. People keep pulling on...
-
Nights like this break my heart. As the rain pours and thunder claps, my heart shatters in my chest. I see our memories and I miss them. ...
-
The night grows long, the heart grows weary with its endless fervent beating. The chest it aches, the eyes they itch with unshed tears long...
No comments:
Post a Comment