Friday, April 11, 2014

Insight For The American Male

I know one of the popular topics among women is what men want in a lady. I have a feeling that, even if you wont admit it, guys want to know what women want too. I could list of a lot of things that we look for and things we definitely consider turn-offs. But because of recent, and by recent I mean today, experience, I'd like to let you guys in on one thing that women do NOT want. And, consequently, you may stumble upon a few ideals we DO find attractive. So here we go.

There's this really puzzling phenomenon where guys think it's funny to dare their buddies to ask out girls they have no interest in. News flash: WE DON'T LIKE IT. Now, if you have even a tiny, minuscule ounce of concern for other human beings, you're probably thinking "well duh". But, unfortunately, some people do not.

Girls do NOT like it when you purposely ride alone with them in cars. Girls do NOT like it when you purposely play romantic music to get them thinking you're interested. Girls do NOT like when you think leading her on to embarrass her will be hilarious. Girls do NOT like their hearts to be broken. Girls do NOT like it when you toy with their emotions.

We like honesty. We like sincerity. We like it when you guys tell us how you actually feel. We like to be treated like princesses. We like to know that someone has our best interests at heart.

In case you were wondering, no this is not the first time this has happened to me. It is the third. And as much as I'd like to say I'm the only girl with bad enough luck to have experienced this, I know I'm not. I know other girls out there have cried themselves to sleep wondering why they aren't good enough and wondering how they can ever show their face again. I know there are girls who were so confused and so embarrassed, they just felt empty. I know I'm not the only one. To the girls who have been victims of this stupid joke, they aren't worth it. They clearly aren't smart enough to entertain themselves some other way. You are beautiful and one day you'll find a guy that knows how to treat a woman with respect.

To the guys, please don't do this anymore. It isn't funny for us. It isn't something we look back on and laugh at. It hurts  a lot to think someone would willingly embarrass us that way. Especially if we thought you were our friends. You wouldn't like it if we turned the tables and I'm sure a few of you have experienced this same thing. You wonder why we whine and complain for romance and chivalry, but it's because those of us who want it have never experienced it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment