Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dont Put Me In a Box

Everyone I know has some idea of who I should be.
Many old ladies in my church think I need to be a nurse.
Some of my friends think I need to be the giggly, girly, preppy, girl I was in junior high.
My parents, thankfully, love me no matter who I decide to be.
But what people fail to understand is that I'm a lot of different things rolled up into one person. Yes, I can giggly and girly and preppy sometimes. But I'm also so much of a tomboy it isn't even funny. I like to dress up and curl my hair and do my make up some days, and other days i don't even want to put shoes on. Sometimes I go out side in shorts, boots and a sweatshirt. Sometimes I can't leave my house until EVER SINGLE item touching my body is in the same color family. I can be eloquent, rhetorically savvy, intellectual, and elegant. And I can be the biggest-hickified-redneck-word-makin girl you've ever seen. I like to wear twirly dresses with my vans and my big camo jacket. I like to put on lots of mascara and a wop a huge, messy bun on top of my head. I like to giggle and I have an affinity for cursing though I try not to. I can be disgusted just as soon as I can enter a burping contest with my little brother. I laugh a lot. But I cry a lot too. I can be a total complete ditsy blond girl sometimes and sometimes I can blow your mind with how deeply intellectual I can be. I like to blast the country station with my windows rolled down in my Chevy. I like to listen to classical violin music. I can spend three hours in a Bass Pro Shop or a Vera Bradley store.
I am so many different things rolled into one, that I cannot physically be just one. I can't JUST be country. I cant JUST be preppy. I cant JUST be smart. I cant JUST be a ditz. I have redneck days and tomboy days and stupid days and smart days and productive days and lazy days and all kinds of different days. I just wish people would stop trying to shove me into one specific box when I clearly have aspects of all kinds of boxes. I wish I could just be accepted for the tornado of personality that I am with out being labeled a "poser" or a "fake".

No comments:

Post a Comment