It's there, just beneath the skin.
Poison in my blood, just waiting.
Every loss is like an injection, just a little more.
It waits so long, just long enough.
Until it starts to burn, just deep enough that I can't cut it out.
It's there, just beneath the skin.
Killing me, just slow enough to live.
Just enough pain that I can't ignore it.
It's embedded in me by now, just beneath the skin.
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Things in my life keep breaking me. A little at a time, the cracks deepen. I'm holding onto a shattered heart. People keep pulling on...
-
I count down the minutes. 30. 29. 28. Please be here. 27. 26. 25. I'll get to see you, for just a moment. 24. 23. 22. Will your eye catc...
-
Nights like this break my heart. As the rain pours and thunder claps, my heart shatters in my chest. I see our memories and I miss them. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment