Where do city bats go when the sun comes up?
Where is their refuge when the night retreats?
Do they fly to the country and find shade in the trees?
Do they take off to the horizon, chasing the darkness?
I wish I had the wings of a city bat.
I wish I could fly after the moon, the safety of the darkness.
I wish I could soar between streetlights and over dim backyards.
I wish I knew where they hit from the daylight.
Away from the burning sun.
Away from clarity.
Into Darkness.
Into dusk.
Where do the city bats go when the sun comes up?
I'd like to go there too.
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Things in my life keep breaking me. A little at a time, the cracks deepen. I'm holding onto a shattered heart. People keep pulling on...
-
Her heart was fragile, like a thin pane of glass. One wrong move would break it down. She was cautious with her glass heart, never falling...
-
There are an infinite number of halves in any whole. They just keep going until the pieces are too small to see and the denominators are to...
No comments:
Post a Comment