Monday, November 3, 2014

Impressed

I set out to prove you could be as much of a game to me as I am to you.
But sitting here, butterflies replaced with dust, I regret to inform you that I failed.
I take my feelings for you too seriously to make you a game.
It's a pity I can't just laugh it off, a failed experiment with lessons learned.
I thought I was strong, mysterious, care-free enough to be just like you.
To use and manipulate and play when I had the free time.
Apparently, I actually have a soul and a moral compass.
I cannot so blatantly disregard someone, the way that seems to come naturally to you.
I might have set out to prove it to myself, to the others around me, but I only proved them right.
They didn't believe in my from the start.
It's hard to triumph with no one in your corner.
Congratulations, on ruining me again, what a victory.
How extraordinary, your ability to break things. 
I'm impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment