Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Free

I'm finally free.
I've grieved my loss.  The brokenness of our situation.  The terrible things you did.
I've accepted the change.  Taken it in stride and picked up the pieces.
The first time, you shattered me.  But honestly, this time, I think you helped put me back together. 
When there are no pieces left, when shards are smashed into dust, you can start fresh.
You don't have to make things go back together.  You don't have to cut your hands on the pieces.
And today, for the first time, I feel complete again.
I don't regret you, and I never will, but I don't have any desire to get you back.
Nothing inside me yearns for you anymore.
Nothing begs me to give it another chance.
I'm finally rid of your name, your image, your feelings.
I can finally put you down on the list of people that I used to know.
I can finally move on.
And nothing is going to slow me down again.
In the wake of heartbreak, I found myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment