Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Drowning Never Felt So Good

It settled like dust over every inch of everything.  Traces lingering no matter how much you tried to clean.  It seemed to multiply behind your back.  You would turn around only to find infinitely more than there was before.

It clouded the air.  Made it hard to breathe.  Coated the walls so their color was lost.  Stuck to every inch of you body like wet sand.

It was overwhelming.  It was too much.  It was everywhere, in everything, everywhere you looked.

And then the dam broke.  Water rushed in and cleaned the whole place out.  Flood waters swept everything away, every trace, every hint of it was torn apart.  The rush was terrifying, dangerous, fatal.  But so restorative.  The water washed it from my lungs as I choked and from my mind as I fell into the blackness.

When I opened my eyes, I'd never seen a brighter place.  It was all gone, and with it's demise returned the color of life and the vibrancy of reality.  Drowning never felt so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment