Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dear Stranger

Dear Stranger,
You have no idea how badly I want to talk to you.
I'm sitting here listening to music, crying my eyes out because of you.
I had to lock the door to block my tears from from prying eyes.
I had to muffle my sobs in a pillow to quiet the sound of my breaking heart.
I thought we were best friends. 
I thought you told me that you didn't want to lose me.
What happened to everything we had in July?
How did we get here?
What did I do?
What's going on?
I know you're hurting, but I wish you'd tell me why.
I got a message today that made me rethink everything I've ever decided.
And you were the one person I wanted to tell.
You would know why it was so unexpected, so stressful, so rattling.
You would know how to react.
You would have some funny comment, some silly reply.
You'd have me laughing instead of crying.
But I feel like telling you will just annoy you and I already seem to be on your bad side.
Things flipped like a switch and my head is spinning.
I'm so confused.
I thought I could trust you.
I thought you were different.
You were the one person that made me feel worth while in my darkest times.
But now, you're the one person making me feel utterly and completely alone.
I miss everything about you, even the things that used to annoy the crap out of me.
I need you...
Please come back.
Don't shut me out like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment