For a long time, I was drowning in an unbearable, toxic, sea of pain. I thought no one could hear me crying. I thought no one knew how badly my heart was breaking. And then it happened to you and it was like watching my anguish all over again from a different vantage point. And for a long time I just wanted someone to understand how I felt and how empty I was. But then it was you. You were like a mirror, echoing my pain and my tears and everything I thought no one understood. And I never thought it could hurt more until I watched you hurting too. And honestly? It killed me. Watching you struggle the way I did made me ache to see you smile again. Instead of wanting to share my pain, I want to take yours away. I want to make you strong and show you how to get through the rough days. In a twisted, grotesque way, your tragedy was good for me. It taught me not to bring others down in my spiral. It taught me that life doesn't stop for everyone else when it does for you. It taught me how to be strong even when I already felt broken. So because of you, I can be strong in pieces and I think that lesson will serve me well for the rest of my life.
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Things in my life keep breaking me. A little at a time, the cracks deepen. I'm holding onto a shattered heart. People keep pulling on...
-
Her heart was fragile, like a thin pane of glass. One wrong move would break it down. She was cautious with her glass heart, never falling...
-
There are an infinite number of halves in any whole. They just keep going until the pieces are too small to see and the denominators are to...
No comments:
Post a Comment