Monday, March 17, 2014

Today We Are The Same

Despite our differences, today we are alike. For some unknown reason I traded in my bright blue shoes for dark black flats. I see our similarities immediately. His black sneakers are masculine, worn mirror images of my slip ons. Our denim is the same color, a deep blackish blue. His charcoal sweater is the same color as the grey sweatshirt I chose to pull on this morning. Even as we shuffle our belongings getting ready to leave the sounds we emit are the same. The zipping of his bag is louder and deeper than the zipper of my purse. The tinkling of my keys is a few notes higher than the deep jangling of his key ring. In the dark mood I find my mind in today, it is not difficult to mimic his rebellious, attitude ridden gait. Today we are the same. Maybe it will be the last time. Or maybe it will be the first of many times. No matter the future, today we are the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment