Thursday, October 10, 2013

My imaginary future

I've worked up this image of you in my head. We've had countless, charming conversations in my dreams. When someone mentions love, or relationships, or future plans, you name slips quietly into my mind. When you walk into the room, I can't even look you in the eye for fear you might see into my mind and realize my heart's quickened pace. Your smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Some days I feel it, soft and quiet and patient at the back of my mind. Other days, it comes stampeding into my heart all at once and I have to blink away tears.
How can you fall so madly in love with someone who hardly knows your name? I've wondered this often. I wonder if you'll be my forever as I picture so often when you pass me by. In the back of my mind I know it can't be. I know we wont end up in forever together. I know you wont see the light in my eyes and the flush of my cheeks. You hardly see me at all. Today however, was a stampede day. As you stood there, effortlessly confident, and forever strong, I fell even more. I know not what you do to me nor how to escape it but it seems I've been caught in some mesmerizing trap of yours. And even in knowing the fictional state of our future together, I fall willingly for you. Because in the depths of my heart, I pray that the pain I'll feel when you leave will be immeasurable in the presence of the joy I found in loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment