Unsaid words well up and sting my eyes.
I just want to forget.
I start the steady morphine melody drip,
one note at a time,
one song sustaining my heartbeat.
The pain is there, the twist in my heart.
The tug of phantom pain on my hand that itches for you.
Sometimes a line blurs it all out.
A handful of words that slip into my bloodstream and put me to sleep.
And sometimes, it lets me forget.
Sometimes the drug doesn't work,
It just paints the pain in vibrant colors.
But I let it pierce my ear and then my mind and last my heart,
drowning in the sound of forgetting you.
Without ever forgetting you at all.
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I am used to the monster that lives curled in my chest. She claws at my throat when I try to speak. She wraps her tail around my lungs and...
-
Legend says that something supernatural and sinister lurks beneath the surface of the water calling sailors to their deaths. Talons and fang...
-
Me and my Grandma are very close. We're tied at the hip. She knows me better than pretty much anyone in my life and I love her to the m...
No comments:
Post a Comment