You should be here for this.
You shouldn't have walked out on me.
And you should've known better than to let me walk away.
You always chided me for pushing people out.
You knew what I was doing.
You knew I was scared.
And yet you let my fears come alive.
You left.
Like you said you never would.
I never imagined a future without you.
And every picture of us cuts into my chest.
Because I can see the naivete in my own eyes.
So much for loyalty.
So much for friendship.
So much for us.
You left.
You let it break.
And then you let me fall apart.
A space for me to empty my brain of all the poems, letters, and half-finished stories that swirl around in my head all day.
Friday, February 26, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I am used to the monster that lives curled in my chest. She claws at my throat when I try to speak. She wraps her tail around my lungs and...
-
Legend says that something supernatural and sinister lurks beneath the surface of the water calling sailors to their deaths. Talons and fang...
-
Me and my Grandma are very close. We're tied at the hip. She knows me better than pretty much anyone in my life and I love her to the m...
No comments:
Post a Comment