Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Kind I Wait For

Me and my Grandma are very close. We're tied at the hip.  She knows me better than pretty much anyone in my life and I love her to the moon and back.

I never got to meet my Grandpa, her husband, because he passed a few years before I was born.  But I feel so close to him because of all the stories they tell about him and all the little bits of information I've picked up over the years.  I love him.  I never knew it was possible to miss someone you never met.  I never knew you could cry and hurt and miss over someone you've only seen pictures of.  But this isn't meant to be a sad post, so I digress.

Among the things I know of him, I know that he and my Grandma had a love like no other.  They were meant for Hollywood.  For Nicolas Sparks novels.  They were the epitome of star-crossed, madly in love like you wouldn't believe.  And that's the kind of love I want.  Even after all these years, my Grandma has always said that she'll never love anyone again like she did him.  She never saw other guys, she never got remarried.  They had a love so deep the ocean would be jealous.  And that's what I want.  I want a one time, end all, never looking back kind of love.  A love where he could be gone from this earth and Id still love him more everyday.  A love where no one else would ever measure up to him.  A love with no regrets and lots of laughter.  A love where you're truly best friends and lovers and spouses and where you truly stay in love forever.  I crave a love like my grandparents had.  Because even though I've never met him, I know he saw his entire world when he looked at her and she did the same and that's the kind of love I wait for.

No comments:

Post a Comment